Who said eating healthy had to be plain and boring?!
This easy dinner is full of flavor and a staple in my house, so I thought I’d share it with all of you!
Southwestern Stuffed Peppers
1)Preheat oven to 350
2) Cook 1 cup quinoa according to package directions
3)While quinoa is cooking, brown 1lb extra lean ground turkey and season with an all natural taco seasoning (I love MN Nice Spice Totally Taco)
4) Slice 3-4 peppers in half and remove seeds. Grease baking dish with olive oil or coconut oil and place peppers in dish
5) Once quinoa and turkey are cooked, mix them into a large bowl and add in 1 can black beans, 1 can corn, and 1 cup salsa
6) Spoon mixture into halved peppers (can make them overflow slightly)
7) Cook for approximately 30 min (you may want to cover with tinfoil for last 15 min to keep mixture from drying out)
8) Top with sprinkle of cheese, fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro
(You will have mixture left over – perfect to put on top of some greens for a salad the next day)!