I grew up making Apple Cinnamon Pancakes with my family, and often crave them as an adult. However, there aren’t many health benefits to regular old pancakes, so here’s my spin on healthier, protein packed pancakes!
- In a blender, combine 3 eggs, 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 1/2 scoops vanilla Shakeology (if you don’t have Shakeology, you could sub another protein powder) and 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract, blend until smooth
- Pour blended mixture into bowl and slowly incorporate 1 1/2 cups almond flour (if you don’t have almond, you could sub regular flour)
- Once a mixed together, set aside
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium to medium low heat
- Peel and thinly slice 1 apple, put apple in bowl and mix with 1 tsp cinnamon
- Once skillet is hot, lightly spray with coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Pour pancake mixture onto skillet and press cinnamon apples into mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes, flip and let cook another minute.
- Top with a little grass fed butter, pure maple syrup and any left over apples!