Knox has been super into wanting to cook and bake things lately. It’s so sweet. He grabs his stool, goes into the kitchen, takes out a mixing bowl and spoon, and pretends to “cook.” So I figured I better start letting him help me in the kitchen a little more! I also have the hugest sweet tooth right now (ok…pretty much always)! So I wanted to make a treat that would satisfy my cravings and still be healthy. Knox is also the pickiest eater, so I’m always looking for things that he will eat. Mission accomplished with these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins! There are only 7 ingredients and the whole thing took less than 30 minutes – including clean up. Prefect amount of time for a toddler’s attention span or a busy momma!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
-2 ripe bananas
-1 tsp pure vanilla extract
-2 Tbs melted butter
-1 1/2 cup whole wheat or almond flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/4 cup chocolate chips (plus a few extra to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat muffin tin generously with coconut or olive oil spray.
- In a bowl, combine all wet ingredients (mash up bananas with a fork first, then add in egg and vanilla extract. Mix together). Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients (whole wheat or almond flour and baking soda).
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients (you can do this with a whisk or electric hand mixer or kitchen aid mixer – whatever you have).
- Once all ingredients are combined, add in chocolate chips, mix together.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin (this recipe will make approximately 9 large muffins or 16 mini muffins). If desired, add on a few extra chocolate chips to each muffin.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Let cool and serve! Enjoy for breakfast or a snack!