If you are looking for a great, light, healthy chili – look no further! This one is absolutely amazing. Full of spice and flavor this one is sure to be a crowd pleaser! (And it’s super easy to make – bonus)!
Healthy Chicken Chili
1) Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a pan over medium heat
2) Once hot, throw in 1/2 cup diced yellow onion and 1 diced green pepper
3) Sauté about 5 min and then add in 2-3 cloves chopped garlic. Cook an additional minute.
4) Put onion/pepper/garlic mixture into a big pot
5) Add in 1 can butter beans, 1 can white beans, 1 can corn, 14 oz can petite diced tomatoes, 14 oz can of low sodium organic chicken broth, 7 oz salsa verde (or more if you want it more spicy), and 1 cut up all natural rotisserie chicken.
6) Season with 1 tsp coriander, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp oregano. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer 15 min. Add in 1 cup spinach and cook an additional 5 min.
7) Top with plain greek yogurt, avocado, cilantro, and a squeeze of fresh lime